"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Retreat is coming..........

The last couple of weeks have been crazier than normal because things at work are getting close to deadlines. And projects are competing for the same resources - myself and the gal I work with. Both of us will be glad when the end of the month arrives and it's back to the normal level of "insanity". Life has been so crazy with work that i haven't even been able to go to the gym like I want to. =(


I've been busy quilting and cross-stitching trying to cope with the stress. And among other things have been able to get several projects either finished or closer to being finished. The biggest one of these is I finished up the last of the blocks for my pineapple quilt yesterday, just in time for the quilt retreat I'm headed too this weekend. Getting the blocks put together and the borders on this quilt is the first project I am taking with me.

Also finished, well until I decide what to do with them at any rate, are these two little cross-stitch pieces. A friend gave me the kit for these last year, so I'm doing good to finish these off so quickly when compared to the umpteen kits that I've had for yrs and not done.













I've got 6 different projects that i'm taking with me this weekend, and i'm looking forward to getting some of them finished up. I'm going to have to work part of the time while I'm there, but that's life when you need the money. I'll just enjoy the time when I'm not working all the more. =) I'll post pics later of the projects that I'm taking to work on.
Gratitudes -
1. As stressful as it can be, I'm thankful for the part-time contract that I am working at this time.
2. For the opportunity to go away this weekend and spend time with quilting friends.

1 comment:

Susan said...

The pineapple quilt is looking good! Love your XS project. So timely to get them done now. =)