"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, October 13, 2008

Raffle Quilts Finished

Dont'cha know that when I need time to get the raffle quilt tops done for one of the online quilt groups that I'm in, that's of course when work goes crazy. =P This particular group I'm in has an annual get-together, also know as a "Swarm". Thanks to having only working a part-time contract since March and unemployed before that, I wasn't able to attend this year. =( But making these quilt tops was my way of participating. Those that wanted a 'chance' to win the quilt made one or more blocks from fabric that I supplied. There were two focus fabrics this yr - a batik and an oriental print. The pics below show what the two tops turned out looking like.

Both quilts fit the full-size bed that I laid them out on. The first one is the one


with the oriental fabric. The second and third pics are of the one with is made with the batik fabric. Click on the pictures to make them larger.












Gratitudes -
1. Thanks to American Airlines I made it home when I was supposed to after the retreat I went on the first weekend of October.
2. For the cooler weather here in Tx.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those turned out fabulous. I like the setting on the Oriental fabric one particularly, of course. They both look great, though.