"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dreams

In the early part of September I received a newsletter by email from Crown Financial Ministries. One of the articles that was in the newsletter this month had the following couple of sentences.

"But now I’d like to ask, “What dream has God put in your heart?” If you know it, let me encourage you to go for it with all of your might. Follow the leading God has given you, and don’t let anything stop you from fulfilling His special purpose for your life!"

I've been thinking about this since getting the newsletter, and about what dream He has given to me. Still don't have an answer to that at this point........... What about those of you that are reading my blog - what dream do you have and what are you doing to fulfill that dream?

Gratitudes -
1. For a God that never leaves us alone no matter how dark our days can seem.
2. For a church family (near and far) that cares for me.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Tough question. I'd say the dream of being married to a cowboy, on a working ranch, with several kids is about the biggest, most dear dream I have, and I really do think it was given to me by the Lord. Who knows, that may not actually be what He has for me, but until I find out otherwise, I will keep working toward that end. What am I doing to work toward it? Well, Uncle Jerry keeps offering to send me a rope so I can lasso myself a cowboy, but I think I'll keep working on the contented-single, feminine tack for a while. ;)

Rebekah said...

By the way -- TAG! YOU'RE IT!!

I tagged you for an award over on my blog. :) Enjoy!