"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sunshine Challenge blocks

A couple of yrs ago (2008 I think it was) I issued a challenge to everyone that was a part of the Sunshine Quilts yahoo list............the challenge consisted of those who wanted to 'play' taking one (or more) of a bunch of FQ's that I had inherited from a quilting friend after she passed away. They were then to take the fabric and make 9" finished blocks and send the blocks to me. I would then put the blocks together into finished quilt tops. The tops would then be donated to Sunshine and would go to kids around the world.

Well with all of the turmoil of the past couple of yrs, I'm just now getting the blocks put together into tops. So far I've used 35 blocks out of the 123 that I received. Pics below are of the 4 tops that I've finished so far............. Blocks used in the quilts below came from Susan N. and Lori A.























Gratitudes -

1. for the meds that are sorta controlling my allergies............
2. for open enrollment that will enable me to have at least some health insurance

1 comment:

Pattilou said...

Those worked into some fun quilts. So glad that the turmoil of the past is now just an experience that you went through and now you're on the other side of it instead of still in the middle of it. It must feel good to be sewing again.