"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Tea Towel Challenge Fabrics and Fav Fabric Swap Wrap-up

After considering which of my two tea towels I wanted to work with for the challenge I've decided to work with the London towel.    Sanity and the thought of all that I have going on over the next few months (quilts with urgent deadlines, my 2014 BOM,  block designs that need to be finished up, commissioned sewing with urgent deadlines, oh and everything that goes with being a teacher!) made it easier to go with what I've already got the fabric for coordinates to the towel.

So here are the fabrics that I'll be using in the quilt.   The two that are predominately green aren't a perfect match for the green in the towel but I figure that's ok 'cause it's mine.  =)  All in all they work well with the colors in the towel.   I just need to go stash diving to find background fabric (cream tonal) for the quilt and I'll be set to work on it in January.

I mailed off the last of the Favorite Fabric blocks that I made for the swap a week or so ago.   Loved working with everyone's fabric.     Click on the pics to see the fabrics better.   I have a quilt that i need to make for a wedding present that I'm considering using this block for at least part of the blocks.   Time will tell if that happens or not.

Gratitudes:
1. I am thankful that I am renting this mobile home because the leasing office gets to take care of the frozen water pipes.

2. For a heater that keeps the house warm enough to be comfortable even when the water pipes are frozen.

No comments: