"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blues it is.....

After four tries with different length fan blades and 4 different color combinations (including 1 test block) - Success!   I finally have the block that the quilt has been demanding for the setting triangles. 

The littlest fan blades is what I started with.   I made the fan on the right with pieced of COC fabric with a pattern that I found on the net.   These gave me the look I wanted, but were too short.  So it was back to the drawing board in order to lengthen them to a 7" finished size.    Next permutation was trying the new length in the color combo that I thought I wanted (alternating red and blue).

Didn't like the color combo when laid out with the blocks.   Final choice was to do all of the blades in dark blues.   I pulled 4 different blues that I'll be using for them.  First of the finished setting triangles is shown in the picture.  Well I should say, finished except for the center of the dresdan plate.   For that I'm debating between red or a gold.

I'm still debating about cornerstones when I put the top together - do I or don't I?   And if I do, what color do i use?    I am planning on making the final border out of the focus fabric, and might have a initial border out of the COC I'm going to use for the sashing - at least at this point.............lol.


3 comments:

Caroline said...

I would lay some red cornerstones, to see what it would look like. I like the fans.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of red cornerstones and gold with the dresden plate, but I think it would look fine the other way, too. No need to over think it. =) I like the blues you picked.

Anonymous said...

I like that fan look in the corners. nice quilt.