"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

It's growing.....

Sigh....... this quilt just won't stop talking to me.   Yesterday when I added the fans it was happier, but also let me know it wanted to be a larger size.   After checking to make sure I had enough of the focus fabric for both more blocks and a final border,  I'm going to add 5 more pieced blocks and two more of the triangle setting blocks. 

Will add red to a couple of the blocks, and a little more gold as well to even things out.   Once these are done I'll start putting it together.

Gratitudes:
1. Extended days in school mean more time for my students to get work done in class.   And that's a good thing even if the kids don't think so!
2. The snow yesterday didn't stick.  =)

3 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Lovely sampler blocks and I adore the setting! I wouldn't stop working on it either.

Farm Quilter said...

This is going to be a gorgeous quilt! Oh the custom quilting you can do with this quilt...it's going to be spectacular!!!

Anonymous said...

You make me smile. It will be wonderful and I like the sort of arched feeling it has now, too.