"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekend Sewing - to Border Or Not To Border

Got a couple of quilt tops put together over the weekend.   Both of these where fairly mindless sewing which was a good thing as I dealt with the fallout of attempted fraud on my checking account and then running the antivirus on the computer.

 The first quilt top finished off the last pillow panel featuring cats and quilt blocks.   I think this one is finished as is.

The second quilt top used up the last of a bunch of extra eye spy fabrics that I had cut when putting together packages of alphabet fabrics.   These blocks were 6" cut.  I alternated them with black blocks and then added a black border that is 2 1/2".   Still debating about whether I want a final border on this quilt or leave it as is.  Was thinking of putting a border made from red with white polka dots on it.....but not sure.   Need to go digging through my stash and see what I have

Both of these quilts are currently about 38" by 42" or so in size.   Not big but good for the smaller kiddos undergoing  surgery by the rotoplast teams.   They will be going to Sunshine.

Next up is at least one more quilt made with extra 5" eye spy charms.   Will also be setting them with black 5" squares.   Both are from bags of fabric in my scraps. 

Gratitudes:
1. For God's perfect timing in stopping the account fraud with 10 minutes to spare this past weekend.
2. For friends who test my patterns - both pp'd and normal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cat looks great like that! I like the eye-spy one. It does seem okay, but it also seems like it could use another border. I don't know what that particular red polka dot looks like. I am sort of imagining Dr. Seuss. =)

Farm Quilter said...

They both look great just like they are! It they are the proper size for their intended use, then I would say you are finished with the piecing and ready for quilting! Adorable!!!