"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Border Musings

One of the benefits to being stuck at home sick has been being able to sew and thereby make progress on UFO's that have been sitting around here.   
One of the projects that has been stuck are some blocks that were made by others in response to a challenge that I made on Sunshine.   They then sent the blocks to me to put together into tops.  there were three sets tho that have been silent tho on what they wanted to do.   However one of them spoke to me this afternoon and finally told me what to do, well for most of it anyway....

A gal on the list had made 16 lovely machine embroidered blocks using the birdhouse fabric I sent her as inspiration.   I ended up making two different bird house blocks to set in the center of 8 blocks, thereby ending up with 2 quilt tops made.   Birdhouses were made with scraps from my prefused fabs.   

At this point I'm leaning towards putting more of the bird house fabric in the border corners.   However what I haven't figured out iw what color fabric to put along the sides of the quilt.   Anybody have any suggestions for color?

Gratitudes:
1. One more week of school....woohoo..........

2. Temps are supposed to warm up a wee bit over this next week.

3 comments:

dq said...

I have been studying this wonderful quilt you have been doing and I was wondering if you could use the white. I was looking for something that is not already touching the edges. I think it might make it pop.

dq said...

I have been studying this lovely quilt and wondered if maybe the white would look good. I was looking for a fabric that does not touch the edges - white came to mind.

Anonymous said...

Inspired! I love it. I know when I can't figure out what color, I look for the least used color, the one that retires from the eyes, and I use that. Then that retiring color comes to the fore a little more. =)