"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, October 5, 2014

When the docs says stay home, a girl just has to....

............Quilt!   Well at least sew.  ;-)   And that's where I've been all weekend............at home and not allowed to talk.   The doc would be happier if I had next week off as well, but given that's the week before fall break it won't happen unless I get dramatically worse or absolutely can't talk.

However, having to stay home instead of working has meant that I've been able to get grading done (oh yay for bringing work home when I'm sick.....NOT!  lol), and have cleared two piles of fabric that had been given to me for charity quilts.   Both are flannel / Cotton mixes and I think turned out cute.  =)  They will be going to sunshine quilts for kids somewhere.   I'll be sending them on for quilting by someone else.

The first one started with a large piece of flannel with an alphabet print.   With it I paired pieced yardage from some of the lime green scraps from my stash.

The second one started with a 5" flannel charm pack by Moda.   Added yellow sashing and a lime green border with the remaining 5 flannel charms.   Lime and yellow are cottons and the four-patches are flannel.

Both the alphabet flannel, the charms and solid white flannel came from a quilting friend in Wisconsin.

Gratitudes:
1. New meds from the doc for the bronchitis and cough.

2.  Voice is better after not talking for two days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I missed this post completely! What fun - you really did get to sew a bit!