Finally some quilting to show, I began to think I'd never managed to get anything done this semester. And well I've not gotten anything done on the commissioned sewing that I have to do but that's another story altogether. Hmmm, maybe that's what I should multi-task with during my online class......lol.
First thing completed was a block for a friend who moved. The pattern was out of an earlier volume of 100 Blocks by Top Designers and is a chicken. All who made blocks and the recipient are part of a list called "QuiltChicks" hence the chicken block.
The quilt squares are going into a quilted book I think.....but maybe in a quilt. Not real sure about that. They are representing scenes from the Bible that relate to the letter of the alphabet. I volunteered to make two of the blocks - "M" and "R". The pic to the left shows the completed "M" block. The manger is brown velveteen, the baby Jesus is felt and is on a ribbon so it can be removed and put back into the manger. The angels at the top have felt bodies and faces and gold lame wings. The star is also felt.
The next pic shows the quilt top I put together from brown and cream tonal strings. At this point it is 40" square. I still need to add a border to the quilt top. It will be donated to Sunshine Quilts.
The top I finished up this morning started life as a small stack of scraps of the bunny fabric given to my be a friend. I added a white-on-white fabric for the sashing, and the pink and turquoise fabrics. This finished out at 40" square and will be donated to Sunshine.
1. A house that doesn't have too many cold spots in it.
2. For the insurance that is available to me through my job.