"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, April 24, 2015

Surgery and sewing.............

I've never been one that can just sit around and twiddle my thumbs when waiting for something else to happen.   So Thursday morning while waiting for time to leave for my scheduled surgery, i finished off two tote bags from the same fabric.   One will be a BD present for one of my best friends.   The second one will be posted for sale.

The fabric I used is a drapery fabric that I found on clearance.   was so nice to sew with.   Am glad I got it all because I still have some more to make more bags with.  I'm hoping that the one sells quickly.  =)
Once I got home from the surgery I ended up sleeping the rest of the day/night....well till about 4 am or so at any rate.   Started going thru a tote of stuff because I was wide awake at that point.....found these strip sets that had been leftover from other projects done years ago and started these quilted postcards with them.  Added the silk flowers to the postcards, and then did the finish stitching this afternoon.

Nice to have another UFO done and out of the totes.

Gratitudes -
1. Sinus surgery is over and so far everything is going well.

2. Good friends who are there to help and encourage when needed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the tote. That fabric is pretty, and those kinds of totes are so popular for grocery shopping lately. Our RS is making some for foster children to carry their belongings, too. What cute little postcards! Even with all that sleep, at 4 am, I don't think my brain would have worked well enough to think of that! I wish you a speedy recovery - but don't go back to school early. =)