"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, August 22, 2016

Getting Ready To Quilt Again

Things are finally getting together enough that I can start to think about sewing again.

First thing tho that needs to be worked on is my quilt for the Modern Quilts design contest.  Last night I laid out the blocks and sashing sections.   And confirmed what I'd been thinking - at least the yellow set (far right, bottom) has to be remade because you can't even tell what color was used.  Now to figure out where the tote with the fairy frost fabrics is.......

Still working on a name for the quilt and thinking I want something that gives a hint of Star Trek since the PP'd sashing units unintentionally came out very similar to the communicator badges on the show.  Maybe something like "Quilting.....the Last Frontier".    Any other ideas for a name?




Gratitudes:
1. I have multiple ways to get to work - a good thing when traffic on the freeway is at a standstill like this morning.

2. There was no rain yesterday!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you made it to your new home safely. I saw, by way of the Bee, that you had a few hiccups getting there and after getting there. I sure hope things run a lot smoother from here on in. Your quilt is join to be another masterpiece...you do good works! How about "Where no quilt has gone before!" as a title?

Good luck in your new adventure.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I like your name choice. Or Quilt Trek - The Next Generation, since it's modern. LOL