"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Hobbs Commission Progress

I've started the next commissioned quilt and have made good progress this week.   The finished quilt will have 30 blocks set 5 wide by 6 long.

There will be 21 t-shirt blocks, 8 blocks made from string-pieced ties, and one applique block.   The applique shirt will feature a square from a white dress shirt and a 'tied' tie that was worn on the couples wedding day.   Should be fun to make.




At the moment I'm in the middle of deconstructing the initial batch of ties needed for the 8 blocks that I need to make with them.    Next up gotta find the muslin that I need to preshrink for the foundations for these blocks.

Gratitudes:
1. The deconstruction process is going faster and much easier than I was afraid it would.

2. It's Sunday, and a time to fellowship with friends at church.

2 comments:

Holli said...

Oh this is going to look amazing!!

Anonymous said...

I like it so far! We're working on getting the pocket tag for the label on back.