Finished off two commissions - the tub liner and one of the leather knife sheaths, this one is for one of my coworkers for school. Three more knife sheaths to go and they will be done.
Embellished a t-shirt for my mom with some kitty fabric for her BD. Gift is running late.....oops
I also played with my design for the May Block design contest this weekend. The traditional block is the Drunkard's Path and curved piecing is not something I enjoy. To get any sort of a design in the final 12" block I ended up with 3" finished sections. the pieced sections are all made from scraps that I've had leftover from prior blocks. I free-pieced the the spiky sections based on the size and shape of what I had in my scraps.
I did not keep the itty-bitty trimmings from these blocks! the block shades from a navy blue down to a bluish-silver. The quarter circles will be appliqued onto the appropriate square before they are all sewn together. Block has to be finished and photographed by next weekend so that I can get it uploaded before the contest deadline.
And then there was the 'fun' of getting my old Singer model 66 out to use to sew the leather sheaths and find out that it had been too long since I last opened it up 'cause the belt had broken......Argh. Thankfully if I go real slow, as in turn the wheel by hand, on my Kenmore I can get the sheaths sewn. Now comes the fun of trying to find another belt for it while living out here in the middle of nowhere.
1. Sewing machine belts are possible to find for my antique machine....even if they are hard to come by here in the wilds of WY
2. Only 5 more days for me left in school!!!!