"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, January 22, 2017

January UFO Weekend

This weekend was the UFO weekend for one of the online groups that I'm a part of.  Depending on the weekend we've got 3 or 4 days to put in at least 8 hrs on a UFO and hopefully make progress on it.  The UFO can be any kind of UFO as long as it has some sort of stitching in it.

This month I chose to work on putting together some of the many RWB blocks that I've collected over the last few years.   Some of them were from an online swap I've been in this past year and others were sample blocks that I made up as I worked on my pattern designs.   The final blocks that went into it were some flag blocks that I made to use up some extra pp'd pattern sections from a long-ago finished quilt.

The top finishes out at 60" by 80" or so and will be going to American Heroes this year.  For me this is complete because they will have someone else quilt it.

Next up was putting a wee bit of trim onto a couple of plain t-shirts.   The shirts had sat around for about 6 months waiting for me to get to them.  All that for about 15 minutes of hunting thru the trim stash for something that would work and 5 minutes worth of work to sew it on.






The last thing I've completed this weekend is a tote bag from Home Dec fabric I've had in my stash for several yrs.   there is a pocket inside made from the same checked fabric that the handles are made from.  This will go in my stash of items for gifts or to be sold at some point.

I did complete the final swap block for this month, but will show that in a different post.

Gratitudes:

1. The sun is shining and it is supposed to be lovely week weather wise.

2. Only 4 wks till Quilt Con 2017!

No comments: