"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, February 10, 2017

Next American Hero Quilt

I always have multiple projects in progress, and this is one of the ones currently being worked on.  Yes, I fully admit to being bored if I have to only work on one thing at a time....lol.

In between other things, I'm working on putting the next American Hero quilt together.   Blocks are complete after getting a border on the square ones.  There will be 3 rows of 4 blocks and 2 rows of flag blocks in the quilt.  

I need to put sashing in between the rows to bring it up to size and to float the flags in their rows, along with a border of it.

Was thinking of using the remaining fabric of the lighter one that I used as block borders, but in looking at the remaining fabric I don't have enough to do what I want.  so will use a piece of shirting that works with the fabric in the blocks.  A friend had suggested maybe a colonial blue, but I don't have anything in my stash that color and I don't want to buy anything to finish off the quilt top.

Gratitudes:

1. Had time this week to make progress in getting the next three BOM patterns written up....it's good to be ahead of the game.  =)

2. For blocks already being made that I can work with when I have time for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful quilt! I really like the idea of the flags in between. A great quilt for a soldier.