"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, March 27, 2017

Weekend doings

Worked on binding the heart quilt this weekend as my hand allowed me.   It kept wanting to go numb and that doesn't help hold onto the needle so that I can sew the binding down.   =(   Did get almost half done, and will finish it up this week.

In between working on it, continuing to work on taxes and on my Bible study, I also pulled out a set of UFO blocks and worked on getting them ready to sew together.   Most of the 4-patches and heart blocks were already made and had been for yrs.  They were leftovers from a quilt top made back in 2003 for a group project in a quilt group that I've been a part of since 1997.

I added the white strips on two sides of the blocks to bring them up to the same 9.5" unfinished that the hearts are.   I did end up making 4 more heart blocks and 3 4-patch blocks to add a 6th column so that the pattern would be symmetrical.  I also added another little heart to the block that is #3 from the top in the left most column.  There was just too much empty space in it for me to be happy.  Without a final border this will be 54" square.  I've a couple of potential fabrics pulled for a final border.

I haven't decided what I'll do with this one - keep for a future gift, sell, donate.....or?

Gratitudes:
1. It's Monday and I have a job that I like.

2. I can go to bed early tonite (hopefully!) after a night where I didn't sleep much at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a wonderful quilt to keep, but I know someone will want or need it and there you go. You've been a busy lady over the weekend!

Nancy in IN said...

Love the hearts quilt. My granddaughter got engaged this weekend; my second thought what kind of quilt to make for them. After I get colors or style they'd want, I'll get serious. You are always a busy lady. I imagine you were planning a quilt or trying to figure one out when you couldn't sleep. Hope you got some sleep.