"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, April 17, 2017

Weekend Progress

Made some progress this weekend in spite of all that was going on.

First up where the 7 swan blocks that I completed the stitching on - pinks and purple ones.   I'm working on them in color order based on what tote I need to get the thread out of.  

I then was able to get the last 8 prepped swans fused down and ready for stitching.

I then got the borders onto a quilt for sunshine quilts.  The blocks were part of a challenge that had been made with some of my fabric by a gal in Sunshine for me to put together.  And yes, the borders were deliberately made asymmetrical.  =)  The new machine was used to sew the last two borders onto the quilt and I think I've finally figured out the stitch length and tension for the straight stitch....well at least for this quilt.  lol

I had 3 more blocks (well, 4 but one has gone missing) with the fish fabric in them that I set together for the center part of another quilt.  Don't have a picture of it to show here tho.

Gratitudes:
1. Good traffic this morning on the way to work.

2. Feedback on business cards was helpful and they are now on order.



2 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Your swan blocks are looking great! I love asymmetrical/unexpected borders on quilts, but we do have to explain them sometimes!!

Anonymous said...

Both projects are moving along. I'm glad you're using that Elna. Are you going to quilt with it now?