"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Making Progress on the bag

I've made progress on the tote and have the outside of it together now.

I didn't have enough of the owl print for the pockets on the tote, so I made the pockets out of a coordinating grey twill.    But once they were made thought things looked a little (ok, a lot) to plain.  So I choose a couple of the owls in the print to enlarge and make appliques with for the pockets.  The lining is now in process and the handles have been stitched onto the bag.  Hopefully not much longer till it is done and I can get it into the mail.



Gratitudes:
1. Bleeding has finally about stopped after the implant/graft work last Thursday.
2. Friends who bring yummy meals (fresh, homemade soup and bread!) over when you don't feel like cooking so that you've still got something to eat.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I LOVE what you have done! What are you doing inside the bag?

Anonymous said...

yay on stopped bleeding - Your tote is great and will be well-loved.

Lori said...

Ugh, dental grafts. Yeah, soft food for a long time. I have implants and they are nice once they're DONE!

Moira said...

Thanks Sharon!

The bag will be fully lined with the last fabric shown in this post - http://quiltedsnail.blogspot.com/2017/06/new-project-in-works.html .

What I'm trying to figure out now is if I use the pockets that the pattern calls for or do my own thing for pockets on the inside. In the meantime, while I try to make up my mind I've been working on a new project. =)