"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, August 28, 2017

Fluttering Butterflys

One of the things I worked on this weekend was a few of the blocks for my hankie quilt.  

I stitched down this floral hankie that I've had pinned for several months now.

And I've pressed and pinned the next two hankies.  these both have crocheted embellishments on them.   A southern belle dressed in yellow on the blue hankie, and an umbrella on the pink one.  there are some embroidered flowers underneath the edge of the umbrella so i'll have to be careful about how I tack the crocheted part down.

I'm still debating about how I want to set these blocks (will be 9 blocks) - with or with out sashing........  I do know tho that I plan to send it out to be quilted by someone else.

Gratitudes:

1. that the loss of life has not been higher in Houston

2.  that is has been drier here in N. TX

2 comments:

e said...

This is such a great use of these hankies. I may have to steal your idea, as I have quite a few put away.ca

Can't wait to see your finish.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see this making progress! I know this is one you are keeping!