"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Weekend Progress

Found out that the lady who'd ordered a rush commissioned baby quilt cancelled thanks to the DIL changing her mind about it.   Thankfully I found out before I had done more than iron the fusible web onto the applique fabric.   So I'll still end up making the quilt and then selling it, but won't have to rush on it.

So that left me lots of time to work on other things.  First project worked on was the flamingo quilt.   I added a pink with white polka dot for binding and that is now sewn down.



The next project I worked on was baste and quilt this scrappy kitty quilt.  The quilting on it has been finished and I just need to find a binding for it.













I was also able to get the blocks trimmed to size and the sashing onto them.  I'm contemplating whether to add a final border of the same mottled green that the blocks are made from or to just bind it in the green at this size.   Currently it is 45" square.

Someone I know will be making an embroidered label for me.   And I will be sending it out to be quilted for me.

Gratitude:
1. My free food box arrived safe and sound today.

2. For praying friends

4 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Moira,
You certainly got a lot accomplished. I'm sorry your customer canceled her order. I love the cats quilt you shared with us. I look forward to seeing these complete. ~smile~ Roseanne

Anonymous said...

i am confused....did you mean your flamingo quilt? I don't think that is a swan..It is fabulous whatever you want to name it! Love the cats also!

Anonymous said...

They are all looking good. What a pain to have the cancellation, and so close to the due date, too! I hope the box is wonderful for you. At least it was free!

Farm Quilter said...

I hope you got a non-refundable 50% deposit from the commission quilt! How incredibly rude to cancel especially when they were rushing you. SMH at the behavior of some people. Love your flamingo - the binding is perfect! On your butterfly quilt, I would bind it in the green and leave it at 45" square. Beautiful quilts!!