"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, October 27, 2017

UFOs and Tea Towels

I was looking for something this week in the stash when I ran across these three linen tea towels that I don't even remember buying......oops.   I'm sure that I would have bought them to use in quilt projects.   I've got one more stashed away in a different tote that I do remember buying for use in a quilt.....but nope, I haven't gotten to that project yet....LOL....

I love this one, and will eventually use the top part for something.

I like the Siamese cats on this one, and the border at the bottom would be fun to include as well in a project.  Most likely wouldn't use the calendar part tho.



I do remember looking for an arizona one to use in a project with the AZ bicentennial fabric that I have stashed somewhere (now where did I see it again?)  I'll have to decide whether to cut it up or use as is and then add around it with my fabric.
And here is a shot of my London tea towel quilt almost all together.   The top is together now but I couldn't find a pic of it.  I cut apart the London scenes from a tea towel and appliqued them onto squares.  Then designed and made blocks to remind me of my trip to London back in 1997.  The fabrics used in the blocks were ones that I bought at Lloyd's & Spencers while there and were all Rose & Hubble fabrics. 

This one got set aside and hasn't been finished because I've never been able to figure out what I wanted to do for a border on it.  Any one have suggestions for me?  lol

I'll finish it one of these days!

What about you - have you used tea towels or other "non-traditional" fabrics for quilt projects?

Gratitudes:

1. Fall weather and cool temps

2. Better eating habits are helping to heal the inflammation I've been fighting for the last few years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Farm Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paige said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Quiltsmiles said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.