"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Scrap Happy 15th........

The next biggest scrappy project on my to-do list is this quilt.  Thankfully it is only 25 blocks that are 15" finished.   But then there is that pieced border.....lol......   This will be for my niece and her fiance and will be their wedding present.  It should finish out at 85" square.

The main colors in it will be assorted cream tonal fabrics for the background.   The stars and pinwheels will be scrappy blues, aquas, teals, and purples, with a touch of orange.





Here are the blues I've pulled to begin with all from the three 2 gallon bags of blue scraps in my stash.   I'm alternating between precutting the cream tonals and the blues/purples into the sizes needed for the quilts at this point. 

.

This is the first block of 25.   15" finished size and uses 24 different fabrics in it.    There are three basic blocks in the quilt, all variations of this one (number of outer flying geese sections varies between them).

Anyone want to guess how many different fabrics will be in the finished quilt?


Gratitudes:

1. For my family

2. For a normal platelet (and not just my normal) count for the first time in 3 years


6 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Potentially over 600 different fabrics!! Is your stash that deep??

Anonymous said...

842. LOL Probably more. I still like the layout, though.

Kate Chiconi said...

It's going to be wonderful! I can't begin to guess how many fabrics there will be, so I'm just going to pull a number out of the air: about 85? I expect that's either far too many or far too few, but do let us know!

CA Bobbie said...

Even with only 3 other comments the numbers ranges- math isn't my long suit for sure but a guess would be over 1000

Paige said...

This will be such a lovely scrap quilt!

Nancy said...

This will be a fun quilt to watch grow because of the variety of blues you are using. I guess at least 60 different fabrics, but I suspect that's low, especially if including the blues and the lights. Congratulations on the normal platelet count.