"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, December 11, 2017

Progress on the to-Do list

Made some progress on the to do list over the weekend.....of course I ended up adding stuff to the list that I'd forgotten to add before....doesn't look like early nights for me coming up this week if i'm to get it all done.

Non-Quilty
  • Make reservations for hotel stay to Phx, and for the 23rd-25th (I really don't want to sleep in the car so this is a must....lol) - made but cancelled all reservations after a friend wrote me asking if I'd like to stay with them, my answer was a definite yes!
  • Enter the clothing I'm donating into my spreadsheet, box up and put into the back end of the car
  • Mail Christmas gifts to Indiana - Not gonna get done till after I get back because I'm still trying to finish up gifts that need to go in the package.
  • Pack for trip
  • Enter hold mail request online - Done yesterday
  • Pick up prescription refill - Done yesterday
  • Run a load of laundry
  • Make sure all perishables are out of the fridge before leaving
  • Gather audio books for the trip
  • Make reservation for Friday night - either El Paso or Las Cruces
  • Email to my friend Mark in Tucson to see if he'd like to meet for lunch on Saturday as I pass thru
  • Email to Sharing Committee re: missions and status / to-do's
  • Make word doc copy of missions application and send out to committee
  • Continue contacting friends to set up times to get together - In Progress

Quilty
  • Appliqued Sweatshirt for D (Christmas gift)
  • Appliqued Sweatshirt for M (Christmas gift)
  • Finish gingerbread mug rug
  • Cross-body purse for P (Christmas gift) - In process, but had to find the link again for the pattern since I can't find where my printed copy went.  Hoping to finish tonite
  • Appliqued T-Shirt for D (commission) - Materials have been pulled and templates printed.  Plan to work on before leaving and mailing from Phx
  • Fruit Cobbler potholders - what I can get done for extra Christmas gifts - might get one more set made, but will be pulling totes and/or snack mats that are already finished to use as gifts as well.
  • Fruit Cobbler potholders (commission) - two blueberry, two mixed berry - due mid January - Need to get more blueberries
  • Stretching Art Challenge Quilt - Due in February, not started
  • MQG mini swap quilt - Due in February, have patterns printed out
  • Wedding quilt - Binding and Label
  • Cut remainder of rectangles needed for the wedding quilt - Done!
  • Make remaining sections for the wedding quilt, and press - In progress
  • Make remaining 24/25 blocks for the wedding quilt, including pieced border
  • Add sashing to the Calico Lion block - Need to take with me as a project so that I can start this BOM in January of 2018.  
  • 2018 BOM - blocks 2 and 3
  • Start working on next block for submission to QuiltMaker
  • Scrappy Wolf - in process of cutting 2.5" squares needed for quilt
  • Scrappy Deer
  • Finish Hankie Butterfly quilt (quilting and binding) - Need to find a quilter that will reply to me...or else maybe take it to my local quilt shop where they do quilting.


Design
  • Write up pattern for Calico Lion, Block 1 for 2018 BOM
  • Write up pattern for Sherry Bear 
  • Write up patterns for the military bears (5 individual patterns + 1 combined pattern)
  • Write up patterns for the quilting bears (3 individual patterns + 1 combined pattern)
  • Write up snail quilt pattern

Projects for the Trip
  • Calico Lion Block - Sashing
  • Wedding Quilt - put remaining blocks together
  • Mini swap quilt - make blocks and put top together (may need to buy fabric for it there....horrors....lol)
  • Stretching Art Challenge quilt - sandwich top and baste in the leaves and plant, figure out how I'm going to make the lady bugs (beading?  stuffed applique? a combination?)
Gratitudes:
1. For provision of lodging that will save me a bundle

2. For friends who let me run a load of laundry at their house while I don't have a dryer to use at home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some progress made! That's a good sign. The longest list is shortening!

e said...

WOW!!!! You are not only incredibly busy, but incredibly organized!! I pray you have safe travel to and from, and a wonderful time visiting all your loved ones.

cityquilter grace said...

moira you are so busy....just reading it makes me tired...LOL