"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, January 18, 2018

UFO Stitching, Part 2

One more set of UFO blocks came to mind as I was looking through things.   These blocks were given to me by an online group of quilt friends back in 2006 or so when I bought a house in Phoenix.   Then came a cross country move to Boston and then one to the Dallas area where I bought a second home.....and then I lost both homes in 2009 when i was laid off.  =(   Through all of that I never did manage to get them put together.

However, now that I've got 6 months to figure out what I'm doing next for housing, I thought it would be a good time to at least get the top put together. 

This pic shows 15 of the 30 blocks that I was gifted with.  All but one of them have a black background.  I will be making one to replace the one that just doesn't fit  with the others.   I'm going to set them 5 wide by 6 tall, and then add a pieced border.   And I'm going to find something in my orphan blocks to use for the main part of the house.  =)



This is the one that just doesn't fit with the others, but I'm thinking it might make a cute cross-body purse if I can find coordinates for it.    And would be the perfect size for one like i've been making.

Gratitudes:
1. Having a stash of blocks to "play" with

2. For temps that are ever so slowly warming up this week.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Those are going to make a really cute top! And you better keep this one! Yes, a purse would be perfect for that block.