"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

UFO stitching

I'm in a group that purposely takes time out each month to work on making progress on our UFO's.   The first one for 2018 is Thursday through Saturday this week.  Those of us that can participate will sew at least 8 hrs on a UFO of our choice.

For this month I've pulled out a couple of sets of UFO blocks from years past.   These were done with two different online groups.  Pics are horrible for lighting and color this morning in my sewing room, but you can get the idea.

The first set of blocks were from a swap where the "winners" sent out a focus fabric and everyone else made a block and sent it back.  I sent out a bright fuchsia batik that has touches of pink, gold and blue in it.   I also sent the light pink batik used as the background I believe because it seems to be in most of the blocks.

I'm going to make one more block so that I have 16 of them, and then border all blocks with either a dk grey or a black so that I can trim them all to the same size.  Border and/or binding for the quilt will be the same fuchsia batik.
The second set of blocks that I pulled out are these batik / black Kona snowball blocks.  Each person in the swap made sets of 3 9" finished blocks of each type.  I've got about 8-10 sets worth of blocks.

This one should be an easy one to put together.    I plan to border it with a narrow border of black Kona and then a wider batik border.

Since I don't plans for the finished quilts from these, I'll get them to the top stage and then put them with the other finished tops that I have.

Gratitudes:
1. The winter storm/cold front didn't dump any snow or ice on the area where I live

2. Fabric for the table runner being published arrived this week from Hoffman.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something will come up! I'm sure of it. They will both be beautiful. I'm going to try to lighten the exposure on your second one. If I can, I'll send it to you, if you want to swap out. Probably easier with the original. Blogspot makes everything so small!

I think I'll be sewing down binding on a quilt that was made in maybe ... 2008? Quilted last spring by Melissa. Now I'll binding it. It's probably waited long enough. LOL

e said...

Right hours on IT Is should make some good progress. Looking forward to seeing how they work up.

Farm Quilter said...

Both will be lovely when finished! You will find the perfect home for these when they are finished!

Jo said...

All these orphan blocks sometimes grumble at me from their hidden bags and boxes. Hooray for you setting them free and giving them their rightful place in a finished project or two.