"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, January 15, 2018

Weekend Progress

Made progress this weekend on multiple fronts.....

Finished sewing these scrappy blocks together and found the hand-drawn sketch I had made of the alternate blocks I needed for what I was going to do.........but guess who didn't put down how many I needed of them?   oops......so it's back to the drawing board on what I want to do with this quilt next.












Next up was finishing up my mini quilt for the Modern Mini Quilt Swap with the Modern Quilt Guild.  It is quilted and bound and labeled.   Just waiting for time to be mailed off.

I ended up echoing the "beat" and then on alternating rows of stitching did an match-stitch echo of it.    I used a variegated thread in colors of gold, brown and yellow for the front, and a dark brown thread for the back.

Finished size is 16" square


Back of the swap quilt.



Gratitudes:

1. Work went well today.

2. Friends that are a blessing no matter what is going on in my life.

1 comment:

Susan said...

That came out lovely. It's such an interesting quilt. I think your recipient is lucky to get it, and will be happy with it.