I've managed to make progress over the weekend on the quilting front. First up was two blocks made for the wedding quilt. Used cream and tan TOT's for the background triangles. Like how the blocks look much better with this color in the background than I did the COC that I used for the first block. Net result is that I have a new orphan block....lol.
So far I've been paper-piecing these blocks. Love how I get perfect points and everything matches up. But have been debating at the moment if I want to keep making the blocks like I have been these. I'm thinking about strip piecing the geese, and then using the pattern to add the background triangles so that everything lines up and the points end up where they are supposed to be.
I also made progress on the quilt w/the urgent completion date. All block centers have been made in spite of the double pinwheels giving me fits part of the time. Ended up frog-stitching one section 3 times before I finally got it together correctly. Have cut all pieces for the sashing/setting, and that means I'm ready to start putting the blocks together since the sashing is a part of the blocks. Will work on this more tonite when I get home from the store.
I even managed to get three piles of homework graded over the weekend. Coming next week - a big push to get the urgent top together, and a quilt onto the frame so I can get some practice before quilting the urgent project.
1. "Warm" temps in the 40's.
2. A good time over Thanksgiving with friends and family.