Life in General -
1. Find somewhere to sell several things that I have here and at the moment don't need or can't use - things like the sleeper sofa, washer/dryer, my quilt frame (yes the frame, it's too big to use here and I need to get something smaller). I do plan on replacing the sofa with a love seat of some sort.
2. Set up page on blog and website (and on Etsy) to sell my quilts and quilt kits - still need to do this..........This is in process (early even - see new page on my blog!) as I write this, keeping everything updated will be an ongoing process through out the year.
3. Stuff put up on Ebay - Always a work in progress, esp. since I have two boxes of stuff that I'd set aside to sell on ebay. Need to first sort thru them and see if it is realistic to sell them or just need to donate them. - 1/22--Listing of items has started with two things from my non-quilting fabric stash. Lots more to go.
4. Get the fabric room organized so i can find what I need, when I need it. - 1/13 - Fabric is rearranged/organized and I can now get to things!
5. Sort through and downsize the clothing fabric stash. At this point I'm planning on keeping the materials for pants, knit tops, fabrics for gifts for others and the fabrics I have for totes and purses. Out will be going the fabrics for button down tops (I don't wear that type anymore!), the embroidered linens (why did I even buy them in the first place?), and i'm sure lots of other stuff. Plan is to sell what I sort out, but may end up donating some of it.
1/22 - All but one box or totes has been gone through at least once in the last 10 days. I've pulled out enough to be down 3 big totes and 4 or 5 boxes of fabric. Haven't made decisions on where all it will be going, but I've made progress. Of course now I've got piles all over in the fabric room, but they are the next thing to be dealt with.
5. Go through the various boxes that are in the storage room and downsize as appropriate.
My Business -
1. Decide on business name - Name decided on sorta....found another by that name on FB only. Not sure whether to use the name or do something different.
2. Order business cards
3. Set up Blog for the business so that people can find me
4. Think about setting up a Facebook page to use for the same purpose
5. Set up a Craftsy account so that I can start selling my pattern and block designs
Designing & Publishing -
1. Submit a new block design for QuiltMaker's 100 Block design magazine Vol. 15 - Design was accepted! Paperwork has been sent back in for it. Have not heard back from them tho.
2. Make sample May Pole quilt/pattern for submission to a quilt magazine (have the design done, just need to make the quilt!)
3. Design and write the BOM patterns for the applique Teddy Bear BOM that I'll be putting up on my blog.
2/10 - 1st pattern released on blog, 4 more blocks made, 3 more designed, and 3 more patterns written.
4. Submit a new block design for QuiltMaker's 100 Block design magazine Vol. 16 - Decided on which block pattern to submit. Need to make sample block to test it and decide on colors.
1. Make myself a quilt for my bed from my stash of snail fabrics.
2. Make a quilt top using my Grandmother's handkerchiefs. - 2/10 - Bought background fabric for quilt. Thinking of making it a "whole cloth" quilt since I plan to send this out to be quilted.
3. Make the top for a t-shirt quilt for myself.
4. Put the blocks I received in the 2016-17 F2F swap together into two quilt tops for American Heros. 2/10 - 1st top has been donated, and 2nd quilt top is in process
5. Put together the Sunshine challenge blocks that I have here.
6. Make a replacement pillow cover for the one that is falling apart.
7. Finish the last 2 months of the F2F swap w/o a problem. 1/22 - January blocks are completed and will be mailed out in the next couple of days.
8. Make a dent in the UFO's. 2/3 - 11 UFO quilt tops boxed up for Sunshine and American Hero Quilts and shipped out.
Commissioned sewing -
1. Finish all scrub tops that I currently have fabric for this year - 27 of them total. 2/10 - still haven't started on these
2. Finish the two cotton house dresses that I have fabric for from the same customer as the scrub tops.
3. Get Val's teddy bear quilt done and to her before the end of March 2017.
1/25 - First two bear blocks are designed and fabric pulled for the first one.
4. Continue to complete commissioned quilts as orders for them come in. 2/10 - block designed for next commissioned quilt. Need to make a sample to see if it is what she wants
My Health -
1. Find a doc who's willing to think outside of the box since I've never done anything like everyone else all my life.
2. Continue to work on my diet to take out all of the junk food, sugar, and other foods as necessary to get rid of the inflammation in my system. - Sodas and white bread/tortillas are now out of the house.3. Lose weight - not putting a number here. It is sufficient to say that i'm at my heaviest and there's a lot to lose thanks to 9 months of prednisone and other issues.