"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, April 10, 2014

First Setting Block Pattern Is Up

I've uploaded the first pattern for the BOM setting.   This pattern makes the blocks that are needed for the quilt border.

You can find the pattern on my website here -
http://thequiltedsnail.com/.

Gratitudes:

1.  Blocks that go together easily!

2.  Spring weather and no snow.  =)

Spring Break Doings....

Have managed to get a wee bit of sewing done this week so far in between what has seemed like a bazillion errands.    Did have to go into school this week as well and spent almost 6 hrs there grading assignments.   Brought a large stack home with me as well that still need to be graded before Monday and the return of school gets here.

 I've managed to finish off two quilt tops for kiddo's so far this week.   The first one will be quilted this summer and is earmarked for an agency in Phoenix that serves moms who are single parents.   One of my best friends is the director of the agency and I plan to make several of them to send for the mom's to have to choose from if that is what they want to spend their 'points' on.   This quilt top started with a charm pack of Moda flannels and some other flannel scraps that a friend gave me.

The second and third tops were made from challenge blocks and will be going to Sunshine.  The one with the winter bears still needs a border, but I'm still trying to figure out what to do for it.   Both will finish out at approximately 42" square.

 The final quilt top is one that I started yesterday.   The center checkerboard squares came from Pat, online friend.    They were part of a box of fabric for charity quilts that she sent me several yrs ago.  I made 64-sq checkerboard blocks with the squares and had these two purple blocks (among lots of others).  I added the piano key / churn dash border around the outside with the last of the purple strips that I had pulled out for a previous quilt.  

The quilt is now resting on my 'design floor' until I figure out what to add next to it.   It is currently about 31" wide by 43" long.    It really needs a border that will add more in width than it does in length.   I'm just not sure what that border will be.

Gratitudes -

1. The quilt retreat is here!!!!!!!!!!

2. For having the 'problem' of too many kids signing up for my classes next school year.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Tea Towel - Finally in progress

I finally have the start of a plan for this quilt....lol.    Have found several blocks and block ideas that I'm working to put together for the quilt.   It's been interesting to search for block ideas that relate to London.

The first block I've finished is a silhouette of Queen Elizabeth.   I used raw edge stitching and machine applique to make the block.  

The second block I made was made to represent the Pearlie Kings and Queens of London.   I used 37 buttons to make the design.  The buttons were all sewn down by machine using a zigzag stitch, with a length of 0.  I've got enough buttons to make one more 'pearlie' block, but haven't decided on a final design yet for it.

I've got ideas for 4 or so more blocks to make for the quilt.    


Gratitudes:

1. Warmer weather is finally here - yeah for spring!

2. Feeling better!   Yippee.....

April Block is up for the BOM

I've finally been able to get the pattern for April's block uploaded to my website for everyone to makes.

I called this pattern Tulips because that is what it reminded me of, and because I'm thankful for the warmer weather nowadays!

To get to the pattern, click the link below:
http://thequiltedsnail.com/bom2013-14.html


Gratitudes:
1. Feeling better - and hoping to continue that!
2. Spring Break is here.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Running late with the next block

Thanks to being sick this week and ongoing issues with my computer I'm running late with getting the next block and pattern posted for my BOM.  

Forgive for that, am continuing to work to get the FTP software configured so that I can upload the document with the pattern

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Getting there.......

Had a snow day yesterday thanks to the storm that went through here.   Used part of the time to try to find the software installation CD Notebook that I know is around here somewhere.....no success there.

However, I did make progress on my purse.  Everything is now done except for sewing the zipper panel in for the main body of the purse and the final binding for the top edges.   Pic shows the purse, but color isn't the greatest because I had to use my phone to take the pic.

Only problem I've had in making this critter is figuring out how to put the zipper panel in at the top.   Instructions say to "pin the panel and baste everything together".   What they don't say is how you're supposed to do all that.............grrrr.   Good thing I've been sewing for a lot of years.   I think I've finally figured out how to do it.   Just need to trim the panel so that it fits better and then I can stitch it in tonite when i get home from school.

Gratitudes:
1. Nice neighbors who help clear snow from driveways after a big storm.
2. Plow Drivers who raise the plow when they drive by your driveway so as not to bury your driveway again.  =)