"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Vacation Doings.......part 1

Lots of traveling going on these days and for the last couple of weeks as I work my way to the end of a three-week road trip that has taken me to Indiana, Tennessee, and Texas.   Have driven through several other states including Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Kansas before I finally make it back to Wyoming.  Good thing I like driving!

There has been sewing and stitiching going on while I've been traveling.  I stayed with my best quilting buddy, Susan in TN and got the blocks for two different swaps completed.  In addition I finished off three small pieces of cross-stitch.   Two already have plans for them - a mug rug and a needlebook.   The third one (the fox) will probably also end up as a mug rug.  Did find the perfect fabric to go with the foxes while here in TX.  =)


The current cross-stitch project that is in the works.  this will end up as part of a Christmas gift for someone.  Still need to find fabric to go with this....keep hoping I'll find some owls while shop hopping, but no luck so far on that.  

Swap blocks for a monthly lotto swap that I've been participating in the last few months.


 Swap blocks for an international swap that I'm in this year.




And last, but not the least I've been able to visit 6 of the quilt shops here in the Dallas area that are participating in the Row-by-Row shop hop.   And here are the goodies that I've collected so far.   More shops will be visited on the way home.  =)

Fabric, some but not a tremendous amount.  Several pieces for swaps that i'm in or for Mug Rugs.


Scrap Bags of fabric, all from one store.   Approximately 7 yds of fabric (mainly batiks!) for $17.


And the 6 row-by-row patterns that I've collected so far.  More to come from OK, KS, NE, and WY on the way home!



Gratitudes: 

1. 3000 miles of safe travel so far....only 1200 to go!

2. Fun doing the row-by-row shop hop so far.  More shops to go on the way home.  =)

2 comments:

Nancy in IN said...

PTL for safe trip. Glad you got to visit with friends and got some project done/started. What about interview? Now is time to rest a bit.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you were at Texas Quiltworks! I should have given you the Bernina to take in for a cleaning. LOL It still isn't working right, but fortunately, I don't use it much. I love the barn row. If you find anything with raccoons, that's what I'm focusing on this year. And pieced rows. I can't do all that applique with the time I have in my life. You have been busy, and not just driving! Be safe on the roads. Your BQB will be worrying about you all the way!