"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend UFO Finishes

Over the weekend I've managed to finish of three more of the UFO's that have been nagging at me. The first one is a pillow that I made out of a CQ block. The block was the first one that I sent around in an round robin that i'm in with several online friends. And it started with a block that was leftover from a swap I'd been in many yrs ago. Susan, Gail, Karrin, Candi, and Fran (?) all worked on this lovely block.





The second quilt finished up was the top for a patriotic quilt going to American Hero quilts. It will be quilted by someone else so it is finished for me. yIt eventually will be going to a wounded soldier. This quilt started with leftover red and white strips that when sewn together and squared up made 5" unfinished blocks. I set them with blocks of a blue starry print to form the center of the quilt. I then added the borders of gold and blue, followed by the red & white piano key border to finish it off.


The final quilt top finished this past weekend was one that will be going to Sunshine quilts and eventually will go to a child somewhere in the world. I did a 'woven' look to the setting blocks in this quilt for a lattice feel to it. The pillow panel in the center of the quilt is one that i've had for 5 yrs or more.





Gratitudes -

1. For the blessing of having a large stash to work from while unemployed.
2. For opportunity to bless someone else through the quilts that I make for American Heroes and Sunshine.


3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Pretty pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love them all! The block for the pillow finished up so pretty. Yes, Fran worked on the first one.

The two quilts are wonderful. I know that a soldier will love the one, and a child the other. You always make such unusual and artsy settings. =)

Rebekah said...

Aunt Moira, I gave you a bloggie award...you can swing by my blog to pick it up! :)