"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Last of the gifts for this year.....and boxes of t-shirts

Love having time to actually sew and quilt with this job and feeling good enough to do so as well!   Both have been in short supply the last few years for me.

I finished off three more mug rugs / snack mats over the weekend to use as Christmas gifts.    All the gifts I needed to make.  Yeah - no last minute sewing for me this year.   Something that hasn't happened in several years.   Just a couple of gift cards to buy once I get to where they are sold this week and I'm done with with getting gifts together.   Woohoo......   Gotta love being prepared for a change.





Two of this set of mug rugs started with sections of pre-printed panels made by Block Party Studios that I've had for years.  Had the best of intentions to use them when I bought them, but just now finally getting around to actually doing something with at least part of them.  Both panels have a friendship theme and I know I'd thought about using them for postcards, but this works as well.      Still have lots of sections in them to use so may be making more in the future.

Scraps were used to set the panel in the green snack mat into the left side log cabin block.  Everything else in the mats were orphan blocks.    Nope, I'm not seeing much of a dent in my orphans yet.....lol.   But at least a few of them are being used up.















The one with the hearts was an orphan block that someone sent me.  I had to finish the stitching around two of the hearts.   Loved the colors and like how it turned out in this.  Backing and binding were from my scrap bins.





Boxes of t-shirts arrived this past week as well for the commissioned quilt that I have to get made the first of the year.  Twas fun carrying the biggest box of shirts over the icy parking lots and up the stairs into my apartment - NOT!  At least I'll have a box big enough to ship the quilt home in.  =)  This will be the first big project I start on when I get home from my Christmas travels.


Shirts are all for the Phily Flyers hockey team - I'm gonna be seeing bright orange and black in my sleep.....lol.   Also on the books to go with the quilt are a possible / probable 5-6 pillows out of the extra shirts that he sent with the 70 for the double-sided quilt.

Lots of fun coming up for me with this project.   Just thankful that I can work on the tables in my classroom at school since I don't have anywhere big enough to do the cutting, sewing, or quilting here at the apt.



Gratitudes:
1. A job that pays enough to allow me the time and health to sew and quilt.
2. Friends and family












No comments: