"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, March 2, 2020

Stretching Art 2020 Complete

I finished up my entry for the Stretching Art Quilt Challenge 2020 this past weekend.

Here's the description that I wrote about my quilt for this year -

To me, community is not tied to any one locale, geographic area or group of people.  Instead it consists of those that are a part of our lives whether or not we interact with them on a daily basis.  Like a tree that community is always growing, even during times of seeming difficulty or trauma.  I used stylized human figures to represent "leaves" on my Tree of Life and they are representative of all those in my community, both near and far.   Some of those have been there for many years, others are new shoots just starting to grow. 

 This quilt truly does represent how I've been blessed over this past year of dealing with health and financial issues.   Love the community that God has blessed me with.

Fabrics used include -
Leaves - 19 different silks
Background, tree trunk/branches, ground, backing, sleeve and bindings - 6 different cottons

Gratitudes:

1. For the community that I've been blessed with for many years, esp. over the last couple as things have been so difficult.

2. For the stubbornness that made me persevere in getting this piece finished.


4 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

It's a lovely piece, and perfectly expresses your intention. Beautiful colours and I really like your interpretation. Well done!

Farm Quilter said...

So pretty, Moira!! I love the way you made the people the leaves. Needle-turn applique??

Susan said...

Moira, I really liked what you had to say about community, and how positive you are. Another wonderful Stretching Art quilt.

Claire Alexander said...

I really like the idea of one image that is both human and leaf. With it you made quite a statement.