"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, June 13, 2021

UFO's From My Mom's Stash - Part 2

 The other UFO's that I found during my April trip were these 4 finished cross-stitch pieces that my mom had stitched onto corduroy squares.  

I'm assuming that she'd intended to make a quilt out of them and a number of other finished pieces because there were a bunch of cord squares cut that I did not bring home.

At this point, my thought is to use these 4 squares / cross-stitch pieces as the center of the memory quilt that I have plans to make for my dad.   I'll be using sweatshirts that I had made for my mom over the years for it, with an occasional t-shirt.   Many of the shirts I did had either cross-stitch pieces on them or applique work.   And the sweatshirt material would work with the corduroy.


It'll be a while before I can get to that project since I need to finish up some commissioned work first.  So who knows, the plan might change....



Gratitudes:
1. That I'm not having to deal with the 113+ degree temps of AZ.....98 plus high humidity is bad enough...lol

2. For making progress in getting things cleaned up and boxed up here in the house.




1 comment:

Susan said...

Your mother did really nice work. That's an interesting idea with the corduroy, and your change of plan to use them with the sweatshirts, etc., will make a nice quiltlet for your dad. Something for when he's sitting in his chair, maybe.