"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, July 15, 2023

ScrapHappy July 2023

 Almost forgot to post this month with all that has been going on this past week.   The memorial service for my dad was this morning so once again I can think.

Lots of scrappy piecing this month with scraps I'd received from a friends mom's stuff.   First up were 30+ of these 6" by 10" finished string pieced blocks.   I'm still debating about how to set them into a quilt.




Next up were these 15 patch blocks in the same size.   I've got a vision in mind for these, but am trying to use remnants for setting blocks....and not set on fabrics yet.   May need to make more of the pieced blocks, won't know till I decide on a layout.

Until next month, stay cool in the heat of summer.


Gratitudes:
1. For ac in the 118+ degree temps here in Phoenix.

2. For all the friends and coworkers of my dad that came out to the memorial service this morning.

2 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

the great thing about scraps is they provide opportunities to foster creative juices...no doubt each of these will end up great! again, sorry for your loss moira...another life chapter ends...

rutigt said...

Love the Post stamp squares!