"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, December 7, 2023

Virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange Blog Hop - My Day


This month's challenge was "Tell us about your Christmas traditions.  Show off your Christmas decorations/tree.  Spill your funny Christmas stories.   If it's about Christmas, we want to hear about it.  Recipes are optional.   Share or not."

And don't forget to check out everyone else posting today.

 DECEMBER 7

MooseStashQuilting

Ms P Designs USA

Quilt Doodle Designs

Quilted Snail

Sew Many Yarns

Just Sew Quilter

The Life of Grammy


I'm not one who does a lot of baking, ok, any at all if I'm being honest.  I have made a couple of cakes that I love in the past, but cookies have never really been on a to-do list for me.

However, over the years I've made a lot of my gifts.   This year has been no different.   I did, however, do so with the theme of making an ornament for everyone.   I made up Mill Hill beaded ornaments, chosen to fit what each person likes.  For the most part these were cross-stitched and beaded on perforated paper, and then backed with wool felt.   1/8th ribbon was used to make a hanging loop for them.

This little mermaid was from a free chart found on Pinterest and was made for an adopted niece who is into mermaids at this time.


The remaining ornaments made were from Mill Hill kits.

These are for a mixture of friends in Indiana, Idaho and Phoenix.

Snowflakes are for a friend in Indiana, the other two for friends here in Phoenix.

More were made, but the friends they are for read my blog and I want them to be surprised when they get them, so I'm not posting them here.  =)




15 comments:

Calicojoan said...

What sweet and fun ornaments you have done for everyone. Treasures that will adorn their trees for years to come! Merry Christmas.

Carol said...

All of the ornaments are lovely! This inspires me to do more cross stitch--haven't done any for a long time since I am busy sewing/quilting. Thanks for sharing!

Inflorescencedesigns said...

Beautiful ornaments! Thank you for sharing!

Joansy said...

Your beaded and cross stitched ornaments are just beautiful! What a great Christmas gift! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Karrin Hurd said...

Gorgeous ornaments Moira! Thanks so much for sharing!

Carol Swift said...

Such sweet ornament gifts that I'm sure will be treasured by the receivers. Thanks for sharing them with us, Moira! Merry Christmas! xo

Danette said...

Such cute ornaments. I'm sure the recipients loved them.

Quilting Gail said...

Love your ornaments! Thank you for sharing the variety!!

Charlene McCain said...

Your ornaments are just lovely! I know the recipients will cherish them forever!

LJ said...

Those are wonderfully cute ornaments. I've been doing ornaments for the grands each year for 20 years. They will have a real start to their own Christmas tree. That's a great idea and one that will last and last.

lynn said...

Such lovely gifts. I made one cross stitch ornament this year, and thought I was doing well. You are amazing! Happy holidays,

Susan said...

Fabulous, last longer than cookies, and just so pretty!

cityquilter grace said...

those are sooo darn cute! lovely gifts all...wishing you a very merry christmas!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh sooo sweet!! They will last much longer than cookies :) xx

Danice G said...

What pretty ornaments. You do great work.