"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Bee Kind Blog Hop - My Day


The Challenge: September is the time to remember that a little kindness goes a long way.   Share your "kind" projects.  Your favorite charity project, a free online pattern or anything that shows you spread a little kindness, everywhere you go.   The Bee's are an important part of life as well, and we all need to be kind to them too!  This makes this hop the perfect place to share your Bee Quilts!

And don't forget to check out what everyone has posted for today - 

Tuesday Sept 24

Patchouli Moon Studio

Quilted Snail

Quilt Schmilt

Quilted Delights

Hazels Daughter


Over the last few months I've been able to work on a number of things meant to spread a little kindness. 

First up is this momma bear and cubs quilt that I made for a sweet friend.   When I saw the panel while on a shop hop with a friend up in Prescott AZ, it just called out to me that it needed to go to my friend who loves bears.  I've known my friend for many years now, but she has been such a help and encouragement over the last 3+ years as I've dealt with all that has come from both of my parents passing away in those years.   I'd been wanting to do something special as thanks to her and this just had to be.

And yes, those are her legs there as she holds the finished quilt....lol.
One of the things I've been working on sewing up this year are the trimmed scraps that I was given by a dear friend.  The scraps had been in the stash of her MIL who was one of the sweetest people I've been blessed to know.  I was blessed to call her Grandma V and have her as an adopted Grandma.   

A couple of years ago I had finished 5 lap quilts - 1 each for her two living sons, and 1 each for three grandkids.   I let my friends husband (grandma V's son).   These 5 did not dent the amount of trimmed scraps that I had.  So this year I started making more tops from them - and so far have made 6 more tops this year.  

This first one also used up a big piece of solid color that was in the box I was given.   The quilts below have had WOW and COC scraps added for the settings, but the rest are all out of the scraps.  I've managed to finish off the 2.5", 3.5", and 4.5" cut squares.   Still have a lot of 6.5" squares to use yet (at least enough for 2 or 3 lap quilts), but am thinking of how I want to set them because I'm trying not to duplicate settings.   

Once totally finished, I'll give all of them to my friends to decide who to give them to.


This one the red plaid was also added along with the WOW in the 6 patch blocks.  



I've started the next memory quilt using the 6.5" cut squares and am making scrappy flying geese blocks.   The blocks finish at roughly 20" by 10" so it won't take many to make a lap quilt.   If I add a border, I figure I'll only need to make 9 more blocks.   Will still have leftover squares for yet another quilt from the inherited stash.

Gratitudes:

1. Seeing progress in the rebuild at the house......I might actually get to move in before Christmas this year....sigh

2, For the healing in my retina....even if there's still a ways to go AND now there's a cataract that has to be dealt with at some point so that I can see properly again.


No comments: