...........with the Modern Quilt Block contest blocks....finally came up with a design for the March block which had me stumped in March. The traditional block to use was either a sailboat block or a plane block.
I finally chose the sailboat block and now have the block half made. Haven't finalized the layout yet, but will do that after I get all 4 sections of the block made.
The fabric used in the sail is all scraps from previous blocks and each sail will be different from the others. Now to get the remaining two sections made so that I can start playing with layouts for the block. I'll get this finished up this week.
Next up on my plate to do over the coming long weekend -
* finish the commissionedknife sheaths
* finish the commissioned tub liner
* hopefully finish two more scrub tops
* baste and start quilting the tornado quilt
1. Spring weather is finally here
2. 9 more days of school for me =)