"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Never-Ending Stash

There are many days wehn i wonder if I'll ever come close to using up my stash in my lifetime.....Why you ask?  

Well as an example, I started with one yard of a cute cat border print.  Had to buy a yard to get enough to put on the sweatshirt shown below.
Used all but about 7 inches or so and of course, can't waste fabric.    So I pulled a few scraps from my scrap basket and made a block to go with the leftover fabric.    Put the two together to make the top of a snack mat.  

The waste triangles from the block became a block that will find a home some where.   And I still have a strip set in the black and blue to do something with as well.

Same thing on the B/W prints I used on the towels set.  After embellishing the towels, I had enough left for the mug rug.  

Will take me forever to use what I've got in my stash.......probably.....but that's why I call it my 401F, and we won't even talk about my 401T (thread), altho I've worked down some on it.

Gratitudes:
1. Interesting phone calls

2. Friends who will let me stay with them while i'm out traveling!



3 comments:

swooze said...

Hope I get to see you when you pass through dallas

Anonymous said...

Kiddo, you never will! Neither will I, and it doesn't matter how many scraps we use. Unless we learn to give them away, we'll always have them ... and even if we did, we'd probably never use all the fabric, either! Love the pics of what's going on.

cityquilter grace said...

very nice work moira...i have had sporadic internet access so haven't been able to keep up with all my blog pals....hoping that is remedied soon....(money you know...LOL)...