"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, August 22, 2016

Surfacing from unpacking....

I'm finally digging out from under at least some of the many boxes and totes that I moved (and that the mover who loaded the truck griped about...but that's another nightmare all together).

The kitchen is pretty well in shape.   Just need the maintenance man to get his tail out here and re-key the storage room so i can move boxes out there that need to be gone through.  There are at least 4 of kitchen stuff that I don't have room for.  The boxes that can be seen in the kitchen and the ice chest all need to go out into the storage unit that I can't get into because it didn't get rekeyed and they didn't give me a key for.  =(

The boxes you see at the far end are in what is officially the Dining Room....but I'm using as my living room.  Most of those boxes are books or papers.   All of which have been in storage the last 10 months and I need to go thru!


Next up is the living room, which I'm using as my sewing room.  About 80% of it is done.   Have stuff I need to put into the recycle barrel but have about run out of room till it's emptied this week.   Which of course means that i need to figure out what day of the week that happens on.   Other boxes need to go outside to the storage room as well till I can figure out what to do with the contents of said boxes.

East wall has my desk which has my computer and the sewing machine.  Also there so I have them in mind are the pics where I'm keeping track of the bills as I work to pay them off.

On the west side of the room is my wooden bookcase and one of my 'regular' book case.  In the bottom left of this pic you can kinda see the wooden cart the woods class built for me last semester.   This is what I'm using as a cutting table.



Next up are a couple of shots of my "fabric room".  =)   The first one gives you an idea of what it was like through all of it when everything was unloaded from the moving van.  I count myself fortunate because the totes were / are only 4 high.....last move they were stacked to the ceiling and were over my head.   It was interesting to try to safely move the big totes that were an arms length above my head!  This time it is just a matter of shifting them around and room-to-room.









In this shot you can see the east side of the room where I'm starting to make some progress.  All of the xerox boxes will go along that wall, but to do that I have to first "excavate" it.  That is happening slowly.

The totes will go along the south wall and down the middle of the room.  The west wall has a chest.  North wall will have another set of metal shelves most likely.

Gratitudes:

1. Nothing was broken in spite of the mover's best attempt at lousy loading of the moving van.

2. Two paychecks this month (1 1/2 months worth of pay)!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, double pay checks! That should help with a lot of things. I didn't realize your coloring pages for bills were so large. That does keep them in mind, doesn't it? Your rooms are coming along. I hope the maintenance person gets over there soon so you can store stuff in the room and get the house more comfortable. Then you can bring in a box at a time and go through it as you need to, and not have things cluttered up. I'm so grateful that the move went better than expected after the packing service.

Rose Anne B said...

Way to go girl. So is this a house or apartment? Seems like lots of room.

Anonymous said...

Looks like progress to me.:-) I especially appreciate how you repurpose rooms.

Suztats said...

I'm glad things are coming together. Double pay cheques is a good thing.

cityquilter grace said...

looking good....it IS a huge undertaking, moving, but great when all gets sorted out....definitely not for the faint of heart