"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, October 1, 2010

More blocks and an 'experiment'



Finished up three more batik beauty blocks. And in doing so made a dent in the small orange batik scraps that I've been saving. These blocks are numbers 8, 9, and 10 so far....with a lot more scraps remaining to be used. And after making these three blocks, the even teenier scraps inspired me to try making some snippet postcards..... Still need to finish them, but I think they turned out cute. =) And having made them, means I have almost no scraps in the trash. I can deal with that. Have another 6 or so blocks designed, but need to get more done because I've got way more scraps than those six patterns will use. Am beginning to wonder how big this quilt will end up being......




Gratitudes -
1. Found my work shoes....albeit after buying another pair at Goodwill.
2. The wonderful cool fall weather and the retreat next week!








2 comments:

Khris said...

I love the orange and white...so fresh and crisp looking...hugs Khris

cityquilter grace said...

moira, love your batik squares...