"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, January 24, 2011

Orphan Blocks


I went through all of the sets of blocks that I've got today, and the tops that need quilting to make sure that everything was listed on this yrs spreadsheet (and no it wasn't....). And found these two orphan blocks. They are made with hand-dyed fabrics and were made with pp'd patterns that were in the Foundation Piecer Magazine yrs ago. Now I've sold all of the issues that I had owned, and have no desire to make any more of these blocks.............but my problem is what do I do with the blocks. Finished size of them is 6". Anyone have any ideas for me?

Have also been getting all the fabric that has been scattered across this apartment corralled in the stash room, and in the right boxes or totes. Things are looking much better around here and that makes me happier. Still to be done is to go through the lg tote of fabric I'd pulled together for projects back when everything went into storage so that I know what is there, and what needs to be recorded on my quilting spreadsheet so I can keep track of it. Am making progress with getting things done this year and that feels good. Next sewing project tho is to get the commissioned fleece hoods made and sent off.

Gratitudes:
1. Leaking pipes in basement are fixed!
2. Am current on homework....lol.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The latest craze - mug rugs! Pair it with a solid color mug in one of the shades in the block, and you have a very salable, or giftable, item!

WIPPYSPLACE said...

what to do?? well, I would probably make a few more and then assemble them into a top -perhaps a wall hanging?!?!? or maybe two wall hangings?!?!? other than that--dont know what to suggest but they sure are pretty and different--surely you will come up with something!

sophie said...

I also immediately thought of a mug rug or table runner. You could also make a journal cover, a little hand sewing kit/needle case (maybe something like this one). How about putting one on point and using it as the center of an auction quilt for AAQI (Alzheimers Art Quilt Initiative) ?

Anonymous said...

I think that I'd make a tote or purse out of black fabric, and make these pockets on the outsides. Or quite possibly, they could be made into a pair of potholders.

Chris said...

How about framing them in black either, maybe on point? Then each could be used for the two sides of a stylish tote bag. They are way too pretty not to show them off!