"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Ever wonder how far.......

......your scraps would go when you put them into quilt tops and how long it would take you to use them up?   I know that I have.  

This past week was Fall Break for the school district that I work for, and one of the things that I did was to make the decision to downsize my stash of 30's prints.   I had it for years, and for the life of me don't remember why I collected it.   I did use some in one or two quilts, but have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than those two quilts required.   Maybe I should blame it on the fact that I love making multi-fabric quilts.    
At any rate, I'm not and have not been using the fabric, so I plan to sell most of what I have.   Will keep a little bit so that if I'm in a swap and need to make a block for someone with 30's fabrics then I can w/o buying anything new.   Fabric is pulled and now I just need to get it all measured and figure out what i'm going to price it at and how best to sell it.    Any ideas on that?  

I also decided to pull out the scraps of 30's fabrics and get them made up into tops for donation. So far, I've made 3 tops from the scraps and have only added background fabrics and a purple solid for a border on one....and still have fabric for at least one more top and maybe a second one...... I'm beginning to think these scraps will never end...........





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course they'll never end! Every scrap project makes more scraps, and then we add just enough new fabric that we have scraps of that and it goes on FOREVER! LOL Love your tops. The thirties you have are likely pieces no longer available, so don't make them too cheap! I hope April responded.

Farm Quilter said...

Honestly, I could probably make at least a dozen quilts just from my scraps! I could make another 500 just from my stash! I've been donating my scraps to some ladies who love to make donation quilts, just to get rid of them!!

dq said...

Great job using up some scraps. I love all three quilts.

Sharon K. Jack said...

do you have a patten for the block daisy rotary cutter? I would love to make this block. thanks