"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, February 22, 2016

New quilt and pattern in the works

So the not-so-lovely meds that I'm on at the moment for my clotting disorder tend to have some nasty side effects including making my sleep sometimes almost non-existant.   Like this morning when I didn't go to sleep until 12:30 am and then woke up at 3:30 long before my alarm.  

And when that happens I use the time to sew.   This morning, rather than have to frog stitch any of the commissioned items I started working on a new quilt design and testing it in fabric.  =)

I designed the quilt to use up the "bazillion" left over  sashing strip sections from the commissioned t-shirt quilt.  The novelty print fabrics are ones that have been cut for several yrs and were left overs from packs I'd put together to sell.

Pic shows the top half of the quilt.  there are three more rows of novelties and sashing to go.   Then I'll add a final border...thinking maybe two - a white inner one and then a print of some sort.  Am planning on writing up a pattern for it.

Gratitudes:

1. My final W-2 came in today and I was able to get my federal taxes filed.   Yippee!

2. Registration for the students in the club I'm advisor for are registered.  =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just fun with all those prints. Now I know why you were awake so early.

Angel said...

Love it!