"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, September 14, 2020

ScrapHappy September 2020 - A Belated Graduation Gift

 Lots of scraps were used in this month's project, and most of them large ones that were left over from other projects that I know longer remember what were.  In the case of the print - I had a piece that was about 2 yds long by 20+ inches wide.  My niece chose the print, and I picked the yellows to go with it because that is her fav color.  all fabrics other than the print were batiks.


Back of the purse, blocks were paper-pieced.  Batik was used for the adjustable strap.
Front of the purse.  Extra blocks used for a small pocket, large pocket strip pieced.
Top flap using two more of the blocks.
Lining was more of the print.  

I did the lining like I do for Christmas stockings which meant that I did not have to try to bind any edges on the flap or top edge of the front.
inside of the purse - final block used for a pocket on one side, scrap used for a pocket on the opposite side.


Check out what everyone else has done this month:
KateGun, TittiHeléneEvaSue, Lynn, Lynda, Birthe, Turid, Susan, 

Gratitudes:

1. For seasonal hiring starting that will hopefully let me bring a little income in w/o getting too exhausted from working 4 jobs
2. For friends who are willing to help me take the quilting frame down so I can sell it to help pay the bill

5 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

Love that purse, especially the curved edge under the front flap! What a lovely gift you've made, and perfectly scrappy, too!

Claire said...

what an absolutely fabulous bag!

onesmallstitch said...

what an amazing amount of work, so bright and beautiful. Love all the pockets although I'd be forever looking for where I'd stashed the car keys! Absolutely lovely.

Anonymous said...

wonderfully bright and beautiful, love all the pockets.

Susan said...

That really is amazing, Moira. A job well done.