"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, December 18, 2020

Unexpected Blessings in the Midst of Stressful Days

 

The past 10 days have brought a number of unexpected blessings in the midst of a lot of stress at work.  

First up from my secret prayer sister from church was this selection of FQ's, chocolates, and an ornament which I didn't get a picture of.
From the ladies ministry group at church came this wonderful package as an encouragement after a rough year.   In it was some moose munch, hot chocolate, a mug, hand soap, cookies, a candle and a gift card for Walmart.
From my quilting friend Edi came a wonderful package filled with lots of goodies.   First up was a stocking and tree skirt panel featuring holly and cardinals.   Perfect to make up for a friend who loves cardinals.   And fabric and pattern to make a cute stuffed giraffe and needle minder.
A cute snail pin cushion, a totally cute snail fabric that I didn't have in my stash and new scissors.
And finally in the package were a crocheted wash cloth, a darling gnome, a tea towel, a sweet little wall-hanging that is hanging by my sewing machine, and  santa ornament.

Not pictured are the two gift cards from Panera and Joann's (can you say, someone knows me well?) that I also received from an anonymous friend.

Gratitudes:

1. For unexpected blessings

2. For the knowledge that God will provide for my needs as I navigate being laid off and finding another job.

2 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

such wonderful friends who have lifted your spirits with such nice gifties...you are blessed indeed moira and God has not forgotten you...you are on my prayer list daily for a job and wisdom...

Susan said...

What wonderful reminders that God is thinking of you, and through God, your friend's hands are comforting you. I know this has been a stressful time, but we mentioned this morning that joy doesn't depend on circumstances. =)