"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, December 14, 2020

Scrap-Happy December 2020

 Lots of scrappy quilting going on this month.   

First up was this commissioned memory quilt.    I ended up with this setting because I could feature the 4 different really light prints as the stars amidst the remaining scraps.  This quilt finished out at 54" square.  Fabrics in it include poly-cotton solids, corduroys, denims, a knit, and quilting cottons.  

Binding for the quilt was made from the larger pieces that were left after cutting the squares for the quilt top.

the backing was made from 3 large width-of-fabric scraps and a long chunk of a 4th fabric to make the needed width.

And in the midst of all the commissioned sewing that I need to get finished up before the middle of December, I got distracted by a "squirrel" and decided to take part in a Quilt-a-Long using the Everything Goes pattern by These Creative Hands.  

I do have to admit tho I'm doing my own twist on the pattern because I'm using larger squares to start the blocks off (5" cut) that I had cut years ago while making alphabet themed novelty charm square packs.  

I'm currently a little more than half way through getting the blocks for the quilt make.

To see what the others have been doing this month, click on the links below:



Gratitudes:
1. For the example of the widow and her flagon of oil that never ran dry throughout the drought and how God is working that same scenario out in my lfe.

2. For the coming trip to Phx




4 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

You've been coming up with some real ScrapHappy beauties, and this one is no exception. A lovely one to end the year on. Let's all hope for a better year on the way, more hopeful, healthy and worry-free.

Susan said...

I think it's great that you can find a parallel of a scriptural story in your own life. Many of us forget to look for those! Your projects look great, and I'm feeling a bit jealous of all you are doing - though it's my own fault I'm not! The Anything Goes blocks look fab.

Claire said...

lovely blocks there, especially the "everything goes" ^^

Dawn Gill said...

That's a lovely quilt, I would think they are going to be properly delighted.