"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, September 15, 2023

ScrapHappy September 2023

For most of the month I've been tied up with getting other projects done and hadn't done much in the way of sewing or quilting.  I did finally, however, make a layout decision on these 15-patch blocks.   

All of the pieced blocks were made with 2.5" squares that I cut from scraps in the box of inherited stash scraps that I was given by a good friend.   This is quilt top #6 from that box of scraps.   

255 squares were used in the pieced blocks, and there are 400 or so more left yet to use.   The two yellows used in the setting blocks were remnant pieces that were in my stash.  Finished size is 40" wide by 54" long.   And once finished will be going back to the friends who gave me the fabric to use or give as they want to.







I also finished off two pillow covers.  Both of  them feature the puppy panel shown in this picture.  These were old UFO's I found in my mom's stash of stuff.  Much to my chagrin, these two were stitched by myself, and then for some reason I abandoned them.  

The Gingham border is from a men's shirt that I had cut up for another project but never made.  Backing is blank Kona cotton and was a remnant piece in my stash.

Don't forget to check out what everyone else has been doing with their scraps this month.









The final scrappy project for this month was to pull bits and pieces of embroidery threads leftover from past cross-stitch kits, along with a scrap piece of aida cloth for this little chart.   I've got a short timeline for getting this done.



Gratitudes:
1. For a job that was understanding when my car was in the shop for almost 2 weeks and I couldn't afford to rent a vehicle for that amount of time, and letting me work from home.

2. For the morning temps finally starting to cool off.

3 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

I really like the setting you chose for that quilt! A 'stepped' design is always fun, and the scrappy nature of the blocks makes it even more so.

rutigt said...

I also love to work with scrappy squares. It always end up with a great result, as your quilt did.

cityquilter grace said...

a very pretty quilt top and cute stitchery projects as well...does feel good to get those done eh? cooling here as well altho not nearly as hot as you...good news about the boss...